At school, the girls go to chapel on Mondays and Wednesdays. Father Wismer is in charge of the service, but the students also participate. Each quarter, different classes participate in the service, based on their grade level. Kindergarten carries the Prayer Book and Chimes. First Grade serves as ushers (greet and hold), Second as acolytes (carry the candles), Third as crucifers (carry the cross), and Fourth as scripture readers. Today, Leighton got to serve as an acolyte. She said she was nervous she was going to catch her hair on fire, but she did great. We were so proud!
We actually aren't supposed to take pictures in Chapel, so I had to be sneaky about taking these. That's Leighton at the end of the line.
I love this school and love how they have Chapel twice a week, and I love that all the kids get a chance to be a part of the service. What a great way to start our week!
Monday, August 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment